After lots of testing and rebuilds we are finally there. Panora left the building and is ready to get a new home on your boxes. Special thanks goes out to our bug-squad for helping us in this crazy adventure. Without you guys we couldn’t fix all the bugs, testing all the new features we added.
We focused our efforts on two aspects mainly:
Tribe our installer, now includes an easy & advanced mode to partition the target, also the installation speed has been much approved and supports lower screen resolutions (starting with 800×600).
The usability of the Chakra LiveCDs we added support for some important features:
- print, and configure printers
- complete management of optic drives, now you can extract sound from CD/DVD’s and write medias with k3b and virtually mount iso images
- drop-down konsole with Yakuake
- management of dial-up modems and broadband USB 3g/HSDPA with knetworkmanager & modemmanager
- a lot of new languages were added to the boot menu, to automatically configure your keyboard and locale settings in live mode
- Kernel-126.96.36.199-1chakra with lzma support
- KDEmod 4.4.1
- Chakra tools updated (aqpm2, shaman2)
- Xorg-Server 188.8.131.522
- Catalyst support temp. dropped
- NVidia-190 and NVidia legancy series are the only propertary drivers atm
- added lots of new languages to bootmenu
- using ARM state (2010.03.26)
This time our ISOs are not pached so you have to do it yourself before copying it to your USB-Sticks. Read how you can do this in our wiki
For our beginners Anke Boersma wrote a nice beginners guide including how to setup Chakra besides Windows.
All in all it was a hell of a ride getting this release out. Manuel Tortosa, thx for keeping up with me. We made a nice team here. Also thx to Roozbeh Shafiee for your awesome designs you did and do for our project.
Special thanks goes out to our bug-squad for helping us in this crazy adventure. Without you guys we couldn’t fix all the bugs, testing all the new features we added.
for more information see here